Principal's Update - 4

Enriching our students lives through learning

Connolly Primary School Principal

From our Principal

28th March 2022

Dear Parents

As you are probably all aware the Premier has announced a return to Level 1 restrictions from March 31st. This will not have a great impact on us as the mask mandate for Y3-Y6 will stay in place.

Recent COVID-19 positive cases not being identified as a close contact for 12 weeks (revised from 8 weeks).

The Premier said further info is coming in the next few days re school settings.

I am hoping to hear more from DoE on how this will affect us next term but I am hoping that we can have face to face assemblies again.

Covid Update:

Since my last update we have had a number of students test positive but thankfully most students and staff were not considered close contacts as they were wearing masks or were not at school whilst infectious.

I have made a major adjustment to the way we deal with close contacts.

On Thursday a Year Two student tested positive and on advice from the Incident Management Team I sent an SMS to all parents in that room giving them the option of picking their children up immediately or waiting until the end of the day. We isolated the class from the rest of the school and the system worked well.

Some parents picked their children up straight away, tested them and on a negative RAT the students were back at school on Friday. Those who chose to leave their children at school and tested them on Friday will be allowed to return on Monday assuming a negative test. Students are allowed to access after school care and any extra-curricular activity organised by the school.  At all other times they must isolate.


Edudance is continuing and all our PP-Year4 are thoroughly enjoying their lessons. The Edudance concert on Wednesday 6th April will go ahead in a modified form. Parents will not be able to attend but each class ‘s dance will be recorded and uploaded through Seesaw.  It will not be published anywhere else.

Future Events:

At this stage PP-Year 4 swimming is still scheduled to go ahead at Stateswim next term. Obviously this could change but fingers crossed.

We have been informed that there will be no overnight camps. The latest Covid information says camps are to be postponed. Our camp venue has advised that at this stage day activities can take place. I will keep you updated as more information becomes available.

Thank you for your understanding as we take the necessary steps to keep our school safe and open for learning.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the school on 6206 3200


David Womersley